How Coaching & Psychotherapy Works
It can be difficult to take that first step to begin Coaching and Psychotherapy but research shows that those who work through their challenges and difficult emotions often go on to experience better relationships, stronger problem solving ability and improved confidence and self-esteem.
Coaching and Psychotherapy draw from a wide range of therapies and strategies that can be utilised to create change. This includes things such as:
- Talking therapies to help address concerns, problem solve, express emotions and tell your story in a safe place.
- Strategies that can help identify and change unhelpful underlying beliefs, attitudes and patterns that may be holding you back or creating unpleasant situations in your life.
- Psychoeducation based on neuroscience and psychology to assist you in understanding how you are wired as a human being and what your fundamental human needs are. Education also focuses on learning about emotions, their importance in our lives and how to manage them in a healthy and safe way.
- Assistance in learning to come to terms with difficult changes in life or to come to a place of healing and acceptance of past difficulties, mistakes or traumas. This includes education around misconceptions about what forgiveness really is and isn’t and the process involved in forgiving (if that is what is desired).
- Learning skills to better manage relationships and to set healthy boundaries in order to honour and protect who you are. You will also learn healthy ways to have your needs met.
I can support you with the following:
- Integration & Spiritual Therapy
- Relationship Issues
- Healing Old Emotional Wounds
- Self-esteem and Self-compassion
- Midlife Transitions
- Weight Loss & Emotional Eating
- Stress Management
- Understanding & Managing Emotional Needs
- Living with a sense of Meaning & Purpose
- Understanding Yourself Better
Small Group Workshops (Upon Request)
- Psychological support for weight loss
- Understanding how to meet your emotional needs
- Relationship skills
- Stress management/mindfulness and meditation skills
Special Offer For Nurses Until June 2022
Thank you to all of the nurses who have been working so hard for our community during Covid-19. I will be offering discounted counselling sessions to nurses until 30th June 2022 for any nurse needing support due to the impact of Covid-19. If you are a nurse and would like counselling from a qualified nurse/counsellor who understands the unique situation we as nurses are in, I’m here to support you.